Stand Up to Live

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live. -HDT

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Now that I reread this, it sounds like a Richard Marx song.

There are a few things in life that are worth worrying about. Most of the things that keep us up at night, though, aren't. Take care of yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually, and most things take care of themselves (or at least that’s what I think). If you exercise regularly, you get in tune with your body; you usually know when you’re about to get sick or when something doesn’t feel right. If you’re in a balanced state of mind most of the time, you recognize when you’re getting irrational or paranoid about something. If you are spiritually cool with yourself, then you very rarely run into a moral dilemma that you can’t handle. It’s all relative; most of the things about which we nut up aren’t, in the grand scheme of things, really a big deal.
I promised myself that I wasn’t going to go all James A. Michener like that last entry, but here’s what I really want to say. I want to sit the world down, grab its shoulders, and say, “Hey, cool the hell out. “ So many of us are so wrapped up in who makes more money, who has the most power in the relationship, and other such bullshit, we completely miss the really worthwhile stuff.
Stop worrying about money, stop worrying about love, and stop worrying about what you’re doing with your life. Get up when you need to, be the best person you can all day, then sleep easy. I can’t say it works for everybody, but it works for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter